Ocufolin® forte is a dietary supplement developed and successfully recommended by ophthalmologists for several years.
Extensive long-term Age-Related Eye Disease Studies (AREDS 1 & 2) with thousands of patients, evidenced the positive effect of minerals such as zinc and copper, vitamins C and E as well as Lutein and Zeaxanthin. Additionally, the benefits of B vitamins (B1, B2, B6, B12) and Vitamin D were also established in large-scale studies. Ocufolin® forte provides all of these vitamins and minerals.
Recent studies show that AMD, diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma are caused by a reduced microcirculation, which leads to a B-vitamin disorder and increased homocysteine levels in the blood. Experts recommend this significantly higher requirement of nutrients should be addressed with a suitable nutrient combination and thus lowering the homocysteine level. Ocufolin® forte is currently the only ocular dietary supplement containing L-Methylfolate calcium, in addition to the ingredients tested in the Age-Related Eye Disease Studies (ARED). L-Methylfolate calcium is the active, bioavailable form of folic acid delivering active folate to the retina.
One capsule per day taken with water or juice, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
- Ocufolin® is not a medical product.
- Food for special medical purposes may be used under medical supervision only.
- Suitable as a partial source of nutrition.
- Do not take during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding as no controlled studies in pregnant and breast-feeding women are available.
- Store in a cool (max. 25°C ) dry place, out of light and out of the reach of children.
- This product is not for children.
- Information for diabetics: 1 capsule contains 0.02 carbohydrate units (2 carbohydrate units per 100g).
- Does not contain ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).